Looking for some healthy lunch inspiration? This Tuna & White Bean Salad is a cinch to throw together. It’s light and fresh, which I love on a hot summer day. Serve over a bed of lettuce, on a whole wheat pita/tortilla, or with some whole grain crackers. Bon appetit!
Tuna & White Bean Salad
- 2 tbsp. fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 can (20 oz.) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (6.5 oz.) chunk white albacore tuna in water, drained and flaked
- Chopped red onion (I didn’t measure… probably about 3 tbsp.) or a few scallions, sliced
- Parsley (dried or fresh – whatever you have on hand!)
Combine first 5 ingredients. Add remaining ingredients and toss to coat.
By the way, how gorgeous was the Charlotte skyline this morning?! Nothing like an early morning run, while the city is still asleep and the rising sun paints a sky like this.