Did you know that Alzheimer’s affects 50% of people over the age of 85? What is even scarier is that it starts 30 years before any symptoms even begin to show. Yep. Alzheimer’s could start developing as early as 30 years before you even realize it! So, what can we do to decrease our risk? Decrease the illnesses that increase Alzheimer’s risk, like obesity, heart disease, diabetes, depression, and sleep apnea.
Here is a healthy brain…
Want to keep your brain looking like this? Here are 6 simple things you can start doing today to boost your brain health and slow down the aging of your brain.
- Drink Green Tea
- In my opinion, green tea is the ultimate Super Food!
- Even if it’s a 30 minute walk, get moving!
- Get 8 Hours of Sleep Every Night
- Many of us struggle in this department with the demands of daily life, but it’s SO important!
- Maintain a Healthy Weight
- Bottom line, this will decrease your risk for nearly all chronic diseases.
- Manage Stress In a Healthy Way
- You could have the perfect diet and exercise daily, but if you don’t manage your stress, you can practically throw the other healthy habits out the window. Stress can wreak havoc on your body – keep it in check!
- Express Gratitude
- Being grateful for the amazing things in your life (because there ARE amazing things in EVERYONE’S life) helps to lift your mood and fight depression.
Image Credit: Daniel G. Amen, MD of Amen Clinics, Inc.